Friday, August 11, 2023

The jacket again, with clover edging

 

The clover edging that I'd been tatting has now made its way onto the front of the white jeans jacket. The edging pattern and my video demo tatting it is on YouTube HERE.

The back of the jacket features a pair of wings at the top, pattern is from FairyLaceAndMore.

 The circular pattern in the center surrounded by tatted leaves is from a public domain vintage book that's available as a free instant download from the Antique Pattern Library: Priscilla Tatting Book no. 3. 

The floral edgings on the sides are a "make it up as you go" design. I tatted one, then used what I'd done as a pattern for the 2nd side.


The triangular design at the bottom is from my own "Daylily Dance" pattern, which I have for sale as an instant download in my Etsy shop.


6 comments:

Lavinia said...

Wow, that is an awesome jacket! You could say you're wearing an entire tatting portfolio.

Jane McLellan said...

Your jacket is splendid!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your jacket is beautiful! My favorite part is the floral edging on the back. I'm not sure I could make something like that without a pattern.

muskaan said...

Beautiful and fun! 🧡

Margarets designer cards said...

I saw this on Instagram and thought how beautiful it was, I love the tatting on the back really shows off your tatting well

God's Kid said...

Your jacket is growing more and more awesome!!! :)