Thursday, March 21, 2024

Pattern and video for a menorah in tatting

 


This design was developed from the branched candlestick photo on page 79 of the book "Tatting Techniques" by Elgiva Nicholls. Although there wasn't much description about it, I could see that the technique was branching encapsulation, so I went on from there.

It's a tricky project to explain, so I made a video. It's on YouTube at https://youtu.be/8mR94S5-GFk?si=0QxP-UdlDLNF1BSb

The PDF pattern is a free instant download from https://www.keepandshare.com/doc/8291924/menorah-pdf-785k?da=y

Please let me know if either of the links won't work!

I made this pattern as sort of a challenge to see if I could do it.☺ Another tatter was looking for a menorah pattern, so I helped search... and found nothing. Only a few rumors that somebody had tatted a menorah, but no pictures could be found online. Well, now there are pictures and video and a pattern.☺ It's a challenging project, though! Recommended for experienced tatters.


11 comments:

muskaan said...

Wow, such a clever working of the original!!! Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Jane McLellan said...

You certainly can do it, hats off to you.

picotsnkeys said...

Lovely pattern. I know this will be one I tat often!

Mary M said...

I think this is above my skillset right now, but maybe by the time the holidays come around I'll be ready!

Thank you for filling this gap in the holiday patterns. One of the lacemakers in our group often feels left out in the season of ornaments.

FairyLaceAndMore said...

Absolutely perfect pattern!

God's Kid said...

You did awesome on this challenge!!! :)

Mary M said...

By the way: we got this pattern to the original requestor, who wants to give it a try!

Margarets designer cards said...

That was quite a challenge and I have downloaded the pattern, I have put it on my list to do pile, I like a challenge every so often. thank you

muskaan said...

I have sent you a meessage on FB messenger. Hopefully you will be able to see it and I appreciate any help you can provide. 💜

Marilee Rockley said...

@muskaan, I don't see a message from you at FB. Please email me at yarnplayer (at) yahoo.com

Frivole said...

It looks very impressive Marilee! Happy Easter!