Saturday, April 6, 2024

Swords Into Plowshares

 


The "Swords Into Plowshares" necklace is one of my more difficult tatting patterns, including the technique of using 2 half stitches to turn a chain so that floating rings form on both sides. Actually, that would work well for making leaf shapes, also!

It has been so long since I made this pattern that I made a mistake putting the flower in the center, but then I decided that I liked it! It's a nice variation. But, I have not added the variation to the pattern, oh gosh, no! 
However, the necklace is in my Etsy shop. The Swords Into Plowshares pattern is also on Etsy.

Here's some snapshots from the short video that I posted on TikTok (and even shorter video that I posted on Instagram):





Another necklace is in progress, which is being tatted according to the pattern this time! Different colors, though. I got the idea for these colors from Van Gogh paintings of Irises.