Sunday, February 27, 2022

Dalek or maybe a lighthouse


Someone mentioned to me that by leaving off the appendages the Dalek design would make a nice lighthouse. Brilliant! At this point in time I really would prefer a lovely lighthouse to a wicked enemy from outer space anyway. 

I still need to tat one more Dalek to get some in-progress photos and then I will post my free pattern as a PDF. I'm not going to put a lot of work in, it's just for fun!

New hand dyed thread in my Etsy shop this week is "Bright Greens". I also tried to dye a blue and yellow thread but since in the dye method I use the thread is wet while the dye is painted on, there is unavoidably some blending of the 2 colors into green where they meet. I did try leaving white space but the white disappeared very quickly. The result has been named "Sky and Field".



7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Whether it's a Dalek or a lighthouse, it's pretty amazing! I love both of your colors!

Jane McLellan said...

Daleks are beyond my ken! Love the thread colours though.

God's Kid said...

Your Dalek looks great to me! :)
I love the new colors(as always!!!), I just went and bought some!! ;)

Marilee Rockley said...

Thank you. I have started photographing the "bead inside a ring" technique for starting the Dalek.
The next dye batch will be all "Sky and Field".

Bernice said...

Those threads are heavenly. Love your Dalek and a free pattern to come, many thanks.

Margarets designer cards said...

I like your dalak, how did you get the arms to stay in and what did you use for them

Marilee Rockley said...

In the model shown I used wire for the arms/appendages. I am trying another way using only beads.