Wednesday, February 2, 2022

The Daleks Will Return


(In Dalek voice) Procrastinate!!! EX-PLAIN!!!

Okay, in 2017 I tatted a lace Dalek and took it to the Maker Faire in Milwaukee to meet the big Daleks. (Daleks are fictional extraterrestrial cyborgs in the British science fiction television series Doctor Who.)  My little Dalek got a lot of attention and people asked for the pattern. Well, I'd made it up in a hurry and hadn't written it down. Forgot all about it until now!
I've made a start, figuring it out and making improvements as they occur to me. Just so you know, this 3 dimensional pattern will use tricky techniques such a a bead inside a ring and block tatting. 

Also - IMPORTANT - the tatted Dalek is not a toy. It has many small parts that could be hazardous to young children.


The one I'm currently working on is inspired by the original gray and blue colors of a Dalek in 1964. But these days, Daleks come in all colors. This should by fun! Just ignore their shouts of "Exterminate!" 

7 comments:

occhitat said...

Ahhhh, Marilee, you're the best!!

God's Kid said...

Looks like you are off to a great start!! :)

StringyDogs said...

I guess I can't say a Dalek is "adorable". But, I can say, "Really neat tatting!"
-LindaR

picotsnkeys said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PROCRASTINATE....
Almost as effective as exterminate.
Were there K-9 models there also?

Marilee Rockley said...

I don't remember seeing K-9, but did get a picture of R2-D2. Wrong movie, I know! LOL. All kinds of sci-fi characters were there.
We even had Nikola Tesla's electricity experiment - oh wait, that's not sci-fi, that's real science!!! Good times!

Shanda said...

This is going to be epic❤️

Margarets designer cards said...

I am surprised that so many of our television programmes go over the pond, Dr Who started when I was a child and I remember watching it over 60 years ago and its still going although the Doctor who has changed many times.
I love your tatted dalak