Friday, February 11, 2022

Stonehill Wine and Dalek progress


New batch of "Stonehill Wine" is dyed and listed in my Etsy shop today. Funny thing about this dye batch (which I have made before with the same results) is the grayish green part looks really olive green when painted on, but turns gray when rinsed and dry. One of the mysteries of hand dyeing!
Hand dyeing in progress


My new tatted Dalek (inspired by Doctor Who) isn't yet finished, but I want to show that I've made some progress. Only the "dome" on top with the eye stalk and communication indicators need to be added. So far it looks like an improvement over my first attempt (the brown Dalek) from 2017. Writing up the pattern is still on the "to do" list! Be forewarned it's a tricky tat. Daleks always cause trouble! 

2017 Dalek on left, 2022 Dalek (unfinished) on right.

5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Yes, cotton dyes ate tricky that way, got to go on experience because the final colour is different to the dye mixture. Wool dyeing is more straightforward, what you see is what you get. I like the colour combination.

God's Kid said...

Nice colorway and great progress!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The color is gorgeous! I'm fascinated by th Dalek, but I don't think that's something I'll be trying... unless my grandson begs me!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely colourway, Dalaks were always causing problems and will continue to do so, I am sure you wiull beat him

picotsnkeys said...

Your Dalak is coming nicely! The top will fall into place. I just know! After all, Dalak's were created with cardboard, plumbing plungers, and a goofy amplified voice! Yours will add to the wonderful world of Makers!!